Ever thought about what you will need when you go beachcombing aside from the obvious swimwear?
Here’s a common scenario: You and your friends planned a summer getaway and you’re all psyched to go. However, too much excitement is not an excuse to forget the essentials you need to bring with you as you step on the sand and swim in the deep blue pristine sea. Here’s a lowdown of what you need to tick off from your must-have beach essentials list:
1. Shades. Aside from avoiding chinky eyes while under the sun’s angry glare, a pair of sunnies protects your eyes from harmful UV rays that can induce cataracts. Ogling sexy girls or hunks is easier, and a tad more unnoticeable, when you have your shades on.
2. Sunscreen. You surely want to have a great tan, but you want to avoid dark and red skin as prolonged and unprotected exposure to the sun would keep you waiting a long time to recover your normal skin tone. Besides, sun-burnt skin is super painful. More importantly, you surely don’t want to be prone to skin cancer. Avoid further trouble by applying tons of sunscreen lotion with at least SPF 30 before hitting the water or sunbathing.
3. A good book. Bring a good book that you can read while sipping your cool buko or pineapple juice under a wide-brimmed umbrella. Who say’s you have to stare blankly at the ocean all day to relax?
4. Anti-bug sprays. The beach is truly enthralling, but the place also exposes you to different kinds of insects, especially mosquitoes. Don’t let mosquitoes take advantage of the fact that you’re wearing less clothing by using an anti-bug spray or applying lotion that keeps bugs away.
5. Hair care. You might have noticed that your hair, especially girls, tends to get dry after swimming. Do take good care of your locks by conditioning and applying extra protection from the heat and salt water.
6. Playlist. Your playlist is vital. Well, this is true for those who like music. Anyway, a good playlist can give you good vibes. Make your summer playlist and don’t forget to bring a mini-speaker that you and your friends could use. This is a great way to make hanging out extra special if you’re lolling around the hotel’s veranda, cottage, or simply sitting on the sand. Try to keep the volume to a minimum, especially when there are other people around, though.
I hope this list inspires you to head on over to your favorite beach or plan a trip this sunny season. Get started with your very own summer getaway countdown!
Written by: Jam Daquio
Edited by: Katrina Pulvera
Photos: Jam Daquio